Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fasting won't come in the way of training

When Ramadan came a few days ago, most of us ditched our daily norms, from eating, drinking, swearing, not listening to music and whatnot. Still some of us still had the strength to exercise through Ramadan.

Reading this article reported in The National about the the 21-year-old Emirati brings joy to my face and I very much relate to him. I may not be an athlete - well, yet anyway - but weight training is a must-do in my life and missing a session drives me to my wits.
 ______________________________________________________________
As Mr Khalid said: 

“If I relax and just start eating, I will get a big stomach. I can’t just have huge meals all month and sleep and eat until the end of the month,” 
___________________________________________________ 

The  sames goes for me, too. If I stop training, all my hard work will go with no avail and that is such a depressing thought. Still, finding a way to tiptoe between the aspect of fasting and exercise is not an easy as it takes a lot of effort.


If you have ditched your training - I assure you there is a way to get back to it, despite the hurdles. Put your sports shoe on and give it a run ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog!

    Keep it up, And thats so true, I read the same article, we cant get ourselves to be lazy!

    Mohammad

    ReplyDelete